Community Partner Diversity & Inclusion Impact Award
What is it?
The University of Central Florida’s Office of Diversity and Inclusion presents an award to one community partner each year at the Valarie Greene King Diversity Breakfast.
Who is eligible?
Community partners who have exhibited an extensive commitment to enhancing diversity and inclusion efforts at the University of Central Florida are eligible. Representatives from the university will select the award-winning community partner based on overall contributions. Examples of collaborative efforts include, but are not limited to:
- • Co-sponsoring an educational program or event with the Office of Diversity and Inclusion focused on diversity and inclusion
- • Partnering to bring speakers to the University of Central Florida on topics related to diversity and inclusion
- • Providing a forum, event, or activity during Diversity Week
- • Serving as a mentor in one of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion’s student or staff development programs (Legacy and Leadership Empowerment Program)
- • Offering an internship to a student involved with the Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- • Identifying barriers to achieving greater diversity and inclusion at the University of Central Florida and providing recommendation(s) on how these barriers may be overcome
- • Becoming involved in other activities that help foster a climate of respect and inclusion at the University of Central Florida
The award recipient will have consistently modeled appropriate behavior in all of its endeavors at the University of Central Florida.